A birth of a child is often met with fulfillment, an overwhelming joy and a feeling of completeness. It is true that a baby changes everything. Babies demand all your attention and keep you on toes all the time. Apart from unconditional love, their safety and comfort top the priority list.
Taking care of a baby is nothing less than a full- time job with no vacations. The constant caretaking demands, the buzz of hectic schedules and feelings of chronic exhaustion can take a toll on the parent. And to cope up with these times, a stroller comes as a blessing in disguise.
But then the question arises that what is a stroller or what it has to do with a baby or how a stroller can match to the comfort of a mother’s arms? The list stands endlessly. Lets’ have a look that what a stroller is all about:
What is Stroller?
A stroller is a collapsible chair on wheels that is typically folding. It is specially designed for a baby, in which he can be pushed along. They are the most convenient tool when you want to get out somewhere, with your baby.
Let’s be frank; when a baby enters into your life all your schedules get messed up and a huge list of responsibilities pile on. Amongst this busy agenda, going out somewhere, for any task, with your child is not less than a nightmare. Strollers make it easy for you to navigate life with your baby.
But before you make a selection, evaluate all the odds that why you need a stroller. Come, let’s evaluate some benefits of the stroller.
Benefits of a Stroller
The war between the preferences of baby carriers over strollers has been going for ages. But to one’s surprise, the stroller has much more lasting and impactful benefits to offer. Let’s have a look at some of them:
Convenience and comfort
People prefer baby carriers initially, but as the child gets older, it becomes really hard to carry them around. A stroller is a great option to keep your child all the time, around you without making yourself exhausted.
Moreover, a child feels at a great ease in the stroller. He can stretch himself, relax and have his food and drinks, making the stroller all worth the penny.
These strollers are usually made up of strong and durable materials, thus, last for a long time and keep the child protected.
Almost all the strollers, these days, come with additional accessories that provide protection and comfort for your young ones from every possible side. Various canopies are installed that protect them from harsh ultraviolet rays and other environmental factors. Food trays and cup handles are some other attractions to look out for. Bassinets are even available for some products which can be a good solution in the initial months.
Day to day activities may become a little more strenuous if you have to take care of a baby. It comes as a convenient mode of transportation, no matter where you go. You can purchase a stroller that suits your travel needs, accordingly
Types of Strollers
Advanced baby strollers are continuously being improved to provide parents and children with better and more useful features. The market is flooded with a gamut of strollers.
Strollers basically include these categories
The frame stroller is basically used for initial 12 months and is one of the most convenient ways of being able to stroll with baby in the car seat. Their main purpose is to carry an infant car seat. They are super lightweight and folding them up is simply a walkover. But once the baby outgrows the car seat, they are of no use.
A full-size stroller offers a click-in car seat adapter for your infant seat. These strollers come with their own attachable car seats that are perfect for moving a sleeping baby from the car to stroller, without causing the baby any disturbance. Buying a set like this, often helps you save money.
The umbrella stroller is a small, lightweight, easy to fold and an inexpensive option to buy. These strollers usually have no special features and their primary aim is to provide protection from sun rays. They are called umbrella strollers for their curved, umbrella like handles and easy, single-handed folding. They can be used only when the baby can sit unassisted i.e. when he is usually around 6 months. Due to their low price, many parents buy this as a second stroller.
Travel System Strollers
A travel system is basically a full-size, stand-alone stroller. It consists of an infant car seat, a car seat base for your vehicle, and a stroller. The best part is travel system allows you to move a sleeping baby, undisturbed, from car to stroller. However, the main disadvantage is that they can be bulky.
Car Seat Carrier Strollers
They are compact and lightweight metal frames designed to carry specific types of infant car seats. You remove the car seat from its base in the car and snap it into the stroller frame. You can also find tandem-style versions of the single infant car seat carrier. However, once your child outgrows the infant car seat stage, the frame is of no use.
These are designed with three wheels on a lightweight frame. They are great for taking your child on long walks and on those runs. They come with a hand brake, a foot-operated parking brake, and larger, air-filled tires. Its highlighting feature is its tethered strap that keeps the stroller from rolling away in case you lose your grip or fall. They have a longer life as compared to traditional strollers. However, the main difficulty faced with jogging strollers is that their size makes them hard to maneuver up and down stairs, into elevators, or through stores. Moreover, they don’t fold as compactly as others do.
Double or Tandem Strollers
These strollers have one seat directly behind the other. They are easier to maneuver through doorways, though the rear seats on some models can lack legroom. You can even find tandem strollers that will hold triplets.
Sit and Stand Strollers
They are narrow and lightweight strollers that have a regular seat in front. They are perfect for kids who are 3-5 years, i.e. they are for a child who can walk on his own.
5 Best Stroller Reviews
Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single Jogger
The Schwinn Turismo falls on the lower end when it comes to cost, at around $***. This stroller features an adjustable handlebar, adjustable suspension, and a locking front wheel for greater stability. The fleece seat pad is removable for easy cleaning, and the lightweight aluminum frame doesn’t leave the runner pushing more weight than necessary.
Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
The Joovy Zoom 360 is a bit more expensive, at just under $***, but the jogging parent will appreciate what the extra cost does for the comfort of this stroller. Weighing in at only 25.7 pounds, this stroller can still take a beating, allowing for children up to 75 pounds to ride along. Equipped with shock absorbers, a locking front wheel, large peek through window, and a car seat adapter, this stroller will impress even the most finicky jogging parents.
Chicco TRE Jogging Stroller
The Chicco Tre, which can be found for at, and frequently below, $***, is a great choice for parents looking to spend a bit extra for quality, but not willing to break the bank. Featuring a full, water resistant canopy, large, magnetic peek-a-boo window, and a hand operated brake, this stroller glides smoothly and safely, ensuring a pleasant jog for both the child and the parent. The suspension on this stroller is also adjustable, and parents love the console that faces them, which is not a common feature on jogging strollers.
Thule Urban Glide Jogging Stroller
The Thule Urban Glide, at just under $***, certainly isn’t a budget-friendly choice, but you are paying for high quality. Lighter than the Juvy Zoom by more than two pounds, and offering wheels that can handle many different terrains, the Thule is a good choice for parents who prefer running on light trails. A five-point safety harness ensures the child is secure, no matter where the parent’s running takes them.
BOB Revolution SE Single Jogging Stroller
The BOB Revolution stroller, also just under $*** is equipped with tons of features to make daily runs more comfortable for both the child and the parent. The suspension system on this stroller is one of the best and smoothest, and it is equipped with stability control, should the stroller begin to veer in one direction or the other. Fans of this stroller love that it can be moved with just one finger.
Baby Jogger Summit X3 Single Stroller
The Baby Jogger Summit, at around $***, is the most expensive one on this list, but it comes with features unparalleled by competing strollers. This stroller is made for the outdoors, capable of taking on all sorts of terrain. Equipped with drum brakes for better control, independent all-wheel suspension for an even smoother ride, canopy with UV protection, and a whole line of accessories, this stroller is made for the true running parent.
Baby Jogger City Select Features
Let’s have a look at various features you need to look upon and things you should keep in mind while purchasing a stroller.
- Storage capacity: To fit in all those diaper bags, food and water bottles and some extra clothes for the child, you need some storage capacity in a stroller. Look out for a stroller with efficient space, to fit in these essentials. However, do not consider it a shopping basket as excessive weight can tip the stroller, which will eventually harm the baby.
- Handle: Make sure you are comfortable with the handles and the grip. Check out that your legs and feet don’t hit the wheels as you walk.You can even check the maneuverability by adding some weight on that stroller.
- Brakes: This is a feature importance of which cannot be overlooked at any cost. Go for a stroller whose brakes or swivel lock mechanisms are easy to use. Prefer a brake that locks two wheels as it ensures an extra measure of safety.
- Harness: Go for a stroller that has a seat belt and harness, compulsorily. For infants, use rolled-up baby blankets as bumpers on either side of the seat.
- Certification: Go for a stroller that comes with some certifications, as it ensures about how reliable the stroller is. Prefer buying strollers of certified brands, as this investment is completely justified in the long run.
- Warranty and Return Policies: Select a brand that offers a flexible or a long-term return policy, and make sure you keep the strollers packaging until you are sure about the stroller.
No matter how good the stroller has been, always follow the basic rule: Don’t leave your child unattended.
Best Double Jogging Stroller Reviews
Let’s have a look at some of the best segments in this market:
Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller
Baby Jogger City Select is one of the most versatile stroller, available in the market these days. It is designed to keep your family rolling as it grows from one child to two.
- Seats- Its main highlighting feature is its 16 unique seating combinations from double tiered car seats to a bassinet and single seat combo. For a more comfortable ride, it comes with more padding on the seats and multi- position seat recline. It comes with the complete second seat and the second seat mounting brackets.
- Storage- It comes with a huge shopping basket, large enough to stock, all that essentials of two children. It has a large under seat basket can be accessed from all sides.
- Sunshade- It comes with a multi-position sun canopy with peek-a-boo window and the adjustable head height up to two additional inches, which protects your child from harmful sun rays.
- Safety- It has anadjustable 5-point safety harness with shoulder pads and buckle cover. It has 12″ forever-air rear and 8″ lightweight dual front quick-release wheels with front wheel suspension and sealed ball bearings.
Baby Jogger City Select is a great way to add a second child to stroller without having a wide double stroller. It has a famous quick-fold technology, making it the only in-line stroller to fold flat in one simple step.
Britax B-Agile Double Jogging Stroller
It is a high quality stroller that includes almost all the features you would require in a stroller. Its main features are as follows:
- Ease- The lightweight aluminium frame makes this stroller easy to carry and maneuver. Its quick fold design closes the stroller in seconds. The adjustable handle height adds a touch of comfort.
- Sunshade- It comes with large canopies that are separate for both the seats. The ventilation windows provide protection to the children from sun rays and light rain.
- Safety- It has lockable front swivel wheels that provide the maneuverability needed for tight spaces and the all-wheel suspension system ensures that smooth ride to your little-one. It has linked parking brakes that lock both rear wheels with a single step.
- Storage- It comes with a large storage capacity. The under- seat storage beneath both the seats is easily accessible from all the four sides of the stroller. The two additional seat back pockets with zippers, ensures whatever you need fits in well.
As a parent, this stroller is surely going to make you happy, as apart from amazing features it carries, it even fits well in the budget. For all your strolling needs, this is definitely a product that is recommended.
ZOE XL2 BEST Xtra Lightweight Double Jogging Stroller
Available in many attractive colours, the Zoe XL2 Best Xtra Lightweight stroller is perfect for big-city travel with your little ones. Its features are as follows:
- Ease– It is an extremely lightweight stroller with an aluminium frame. It is quick to set-up and fold as you can do it with one hand. It can easily be maneuvered even in doorways or indoor commercial establishments.
- Seats– Both the seats recline independently from each other. The seats have a five point harness system and are adequately padded to ensure baby’s comfort.
- Storage- It has a super accessible under seat basket to store in all the essentials of your little one. A back pocket for the parent’s essentials is cherry on the cake. There are cup holders for both children and the parents.
- Extras- It comes with a lifetime warranty and a wheel replacement guarantee. It even has huge, extendable sunshade canopies. It has a travel Bag, 2 child cup holders, a snack cup, padded front belly bar and a parent cup holder.
ZOE XL2 BEST Xtra Lightweight Double Stroller is definitely the best choice for families who travel frequently.
Best Double Umbrella Stroller Reviews
A baby tends to spend a lot of time in the stroller, thus, making a wise choice is a must. Usually people confuse between buying a baby carrier or a stroller. Due to their low cost, people prefer baby carriers, but one cannot overlook the convenience of a stroller. The key benefits of the same are:
Importance of Stroller :
- Safety– This is a consideration that should not be compromised at any cost. They act as a sun harness and protect the child from harsh ultraviolet rays and other environmental factors.
- Comfort-The best part is that a stroller keeps a baby in the natural position that his body instinctively assumes to ensure that he is comfortable and safe. It is a technique for soothing a baby.
- Storage Capacity– A lot of products need to be squeezed in along with the baby like a diaper bag, a water or milk bottle, snacks, toys, and some extra clothes. A stroller provides ample storage capacity for the same.
- Convenience– It is one of the most highlighting factors of buying a stroller. The hubbub of everyday activities makes it difficult for many parents to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. You can keepyour child with you at all times without making yourself exhausted.
- Durable– They are made of strong and durable materials, thus are long-lasting and go for ages.
- Travelling– It allows you and your little one to enjoy nice, fresh air and stroll through the park together. In case you are the one that enjoy longer trips, purchasing a stroller is the best decision you can take.
Let’s have a look at some of the best picks of 2018
UPPAbaby G-Link Double Umbrella Stroller
UPPAbaby continues to be a blessing for the families juggling with the responsibilities of twins. The G-LINK is the newest addition to the G-series collection and the colour palette includes; Pascal (grey on silver frame)Jake (black on carbon colour frame) and Ella (jade on silver frame). It is a side-by-side double umbrella stroller.
Some of the highlighting features of UPPAbaby G-Link Stroller are:
- Basics- It comes with a unique design that has four sets of wheels, versus the traditional six, which provides optimal maneuverability. The aluminium frame with side-by-side seats makes the G-LINK extremely lightweight. Adding cheery to the cake, it has machine washable seat fabric. It comes with an amazing carry handle that you can steer it with one hand, easily.
- Storage- It comes with a huge storage basket. It fetches double storage pockets on the back of the canopies and has an easy-access storage basket which is generous in size. So pile in all your groceries, the diaper bag and store your accidental purchase items with tranquillity. Plus, it has a removable cup holder too!
- Extras- It has individual adjustable footrests, infant support systems and plush head inserts. Adding more to it, it has a single-step break, independent reclining seats and a patent-pending one-action folds.
- Add- on features- The G-LINK stands when folded and has an XL canopy with an extendable SPF 50+ sunshade. It has lockable front wheels for that added stability and a hand-level folding trigger.
The new G-LINK stroller comes at a price of $*** and accommodates new-borns up to 50 lbs. (per seat) and has a variety of accessories including; Rain Shield, Travel Bag, CozyGanoosh, extra cup holder, and Stroller Blankies.
Maclaren Twin Triumph Double Umbrella Stroller
If you are the one who dodges on reliability and is looking out for a product from a reputable brand, Maclaren Twin Triumph is a perfect pick for you! This twin stroller is simply a boon for parents with two kids.
Some of the highlighting features of Maclaren Twin Triumph are as follows:
- Fold- It comes with an incredibly compact fold! Due to its compact nature, it can be easily stored indoors. The Twin Triumph fits through standard doorways and is easy to fold and steer, making it the ideal stroller for busy, growing families. In fact, the fold mechanism is so simple that it can be done one- handed.
- Comfort- It doesn’t have a central handle, but does have ergonomically angled handles on each side that make it comfortable to push. They are nicely padded, too. Each seat reclines independently, so that you can cater to each child’s needs separately. Its main highlighting feature is the extra security netting on the bottom of the seat so that smaller babies cannot fall out.
- Storage– The shopping basket isn’t that huge, but this helps to keep the weight of the buggy down. So you can only squeeze in a few essentials. In case you try to overstuff, the front of the basket slips down so any shopping could fall out the front all too easily.
- Sun Protection- A separate hood over each seat, which is really nice and deep, provides good protection from the sun or wind. A rain cover is included, which is nice and easy to fit over both seats simultaneously, and the buggy has clips on each side to keep it secure once folded.
- Ease– The wheels are lockable swivel, and these are combined with the light aluminium frame which makes it easy to manoeuvre, even through the tight doorways. It comes with a 5-point harnesssystem with three height positions.
However, the seats are fairly narrow which becomes uncomfortable for older toddlers. Thus, it is appropriate for a baby of 6 months. One of the main cons is that due to its small wheel structure, it becomes difficult to handle it on grass or gravel. Thus, it is best for families in urban settings.
To sum it up, it is a good-value, quality pushchair that’s light, compact and easy to manoeuvre. With the kind of price structure it comes with and the Sovereign Lifetime Guarantee it offers, it is a complete thumbs-up.
Kolcraft Cloud Side by Side Umbrella Stroller
If you are the one looking out for an economical pick, that won’t burn out your pockets, and at the same time is high on quality too, this one is a perfect pick for you. It is one of those few budget double umbrellas that’s worth a darn.
Some of the highlighting features of Kolcraft Cloud Side by Side Umbrella Stroller as follows:
- Lightweight- It’s main highlighting feature is that it is extremely lightweight. Due to this feature it is a travel friendly stroller. It is easy to fold and is compact for convenient storage.
- Convenience– It comes with a 3 point safety harness system. The seats recline individually that make it highly convenient for babies. Moreover, it comes with an extra wide frame that fits in through most of the doorways. It even comes with a parent cup holder.
- Sunshade– It comes with an expandable canopies for maximum coverage. One of its attention grabbing feature is the cool-climate roll-up that exposes mesh for increased air circulation and creates a head rest. You can roll up the seat pads for better air ventilation and roll them down for cooler weather.
The only con is that it doesn’t come with a bottom storage basket. But then at the price it comes it, you cannot have more of the complaints. To sum up, it is an inexpensive double stroller that assures reliable standards of quality and performance.
Features of Double Umbrella Stroller
Before buying any stroller, you need to look out for the following important features-
- Brakes-Look for brakes that are conveniently located. If you live in a hilly city, you might also want resistance brakes that will slow your stroller down on an incline.
- Washability– The stroller tends to get sticky. Make sure you get a stroller that is easy to clean.
- Car seat compatibility– In case you are the one who will be frequently in and out of the car, look for one that is compatible with your car seat.
- Adjustable handlebars– Handlebar-height adjustability can be among the most important features for comfortable use over time.
- Safety strap– All strollers come with a strap, located near the handlebars, so you can attach it around your wrist for extra security.
- Adjustable seat position– This is a very important feature that ensures the comfort of the child. In most full-size and all-terrain strollers, the seat will have multiple positions so that your child can feel comfortable.
- Accessories– Look out for accessories like rain cover, cup and food holders, stroller blanket and sunshade or canopy, etc. to give that extra comfort to the child.
- Stroller travel bag– You might be needing a stroller bag that is designed to carry it, in case you are travelling with your stroller.
- Cup and food holders– Usually a stroller come equipped with these or offer them as an option. In case it is not there, you can easily add them to your strollers. It makes it easy for the child.
- Infant head support– In case your baby is young, this is a feature you cannot overlook. In case the built in cushioning is not appropriate, you can get a cushioned insert to hold your child’s head in place.
Safety Tips while using a stroller
When it comes to safety concerns, it is the safety of both the child and the equipment. Check for all those basic safety standards required, before buying a stroller. At any cost, do not compromise on these safety standards as it concerns your little one:
- Handles- Make sure you are comfortable with the handle height and grip. Your legs and feet should not hit the wheels as you walk. Do check the maneuverability by adding some weight.
However, keep in mind that stroller is not a shopping basket, though it comes with a storage space. Do not hang bags or other items on the handles of your stroller as it can make them tip backward.
- Brakes- The brakes or swivel lock mechanisms should be easy to operate. Make an extra check on the brakes, and prefer a brake that locks two wheels as it provides an extra measure of safety.
- Open and close- Prefer a stroller which you can open and close easily with one hand and two. Some that need two hands are actually easier to operate. Keep your child at a safe distance while you open or close as his fingers can be caught in the hinges that fold the stroller.
- Seat belt- A stroller should have a seat belt and harness. Check for, how easy it is for you, to adjust the backrest, and fasten and unfasten the harness. For infants, use rolled-up baby blankets as bumpers on either side of the seat. You can even look out for car seat adapters.
- Weight- Be mindful of the weight guidelines and purchase only a stroller that matches your requirements. Excessive weight can tip the stroller, which can harm the baby.
- Compact- Go for a stroller that is easy to carry, both when open and when folded. Pick a one which doesn’t consume much of space.
- Certification- Check for various certifications given to stroller, as they ensure the reliability. Some of the key tests are for the stroller’s brakes, leg openings, locking mechanisms, and the absence of sharp edges and points that can pinch or scissor a parent or child.
- Warranty and Return Policies- Select a brand that offers a flexible or a long-term return policy, and make sure you keep the strollers packaging until you are sure about the stroller.
It is very important to pick a stroller that matches your needs and requirements. With lots of options available, making a choice can be a daunting task. Research extensively, go through each minute detail and make a wise purchase, keeping in mind the comfort of your little one.
Go for those extra accessories in case needed to make the experience and ride a smooth one for him. While, price is a very important factor that can dominate the decision, but don’t compromise on quality and safety at any cost.
Make a wise decision and gift your little one his first vehicle ride!